Saturday, January 23

Hold On and Believe

If your wondering, I still haven't heard definitely whether I got the part in the musical. However, I'm not looking to actually get it due to how things went down yesterday. Regardless, this situation has stirred things inside of me and caused me to really evaluate and process with the Lord.

I feel like doors of opportunity are being closed again. On one hand, thats a good thing so that shows how and where God is at work. On the other hand, it leaves a feeling of disappointment and frustration to know what IS the right track or way to go. It is in this time though that standing firm and holding on to the truth and prophetic words are crucial. As I read today, I came across the beginning of Luke where it talks about John the Baptist. Right before the story of the birth of Jesus, it says "And the child grew and became strong in spirit, and he was in the wilderness until the day of his public appearance to Israel". This struck me because John remained in the wilderness until the time of his ministry. This encouraged me to know that above all that I believe I am called to do, THE most important thing is intimacy with the Lord. The time in the wilderness is so important because this time builds character and gets things all in place until the right time for God to reveal, launch and release you publicly.

So I write this to myself as well as you to embrace this time of preparation and don't allow the enemy to steal your joy. There are great adventures coming!
The chorus from this song came to mind as I wrote this so...."don't stop believing, hold on to that feeling"
"Don't Stop Believing" by Glee

No comments:

Post a Comment